- This event has passed.
June 27, 2020
#BreatheForEight Gathering For Justice (Queens, NY)
This Saturday, The Garrison Institute will be partnering with the #BreatheForEight collective in a Gathering for Justice, to be held in Southside Jamaica, Queens.
#BreatheForEight is a national collective that recognizes the importance of standing up for Black lives and the value of each individual in the racial justice movement. We wish to support and encourage effective action in our communities through supporting our physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
We invite you to join us in supporting the launch of this movement at a Gathering For Justice to be held on June 27 in Southside Jamaica, Queens, NY*.
*We encourage our community to attend in person if possible, but Livestream also available for those who prefer to join virtually. For those attending in person, please respect all current CDC and NYC guidelines for health and safety.
• Meditation in remembrance of George Floyd, 8 minutes and 46 seconds
• Breathing and movement practice for stress reduction
• Discussion on importance of mental, emotional, and physical wellbeing
• Introduce the work of the Urban Yogis and other groups that focus on wellbeing and healing
• Community service: giving fresh food supplies and community clean-up
• Mindful march
• (Queens) Give tour of Baisley and Southside Jamaica to people coming up from the city