October 6, 2019—October 9, 2019
Lucenscia and Pause i/O: Power, Presence & Impact: A Mindful Path to Mastering Self & Leading Others
Step out of the office and into the peacefulness of a supportive contemplative environment thoughtfully selected for busy executives who will participate in this mindful leadership retreat.
Take a deep breath…
Give yourself the space to dive deep and enjoy as you undertake a master’s path to leadership presence, higher purpose and enhanced performance. During this immersive and interactive experience, you’ll discover and nourish your capacity for adaptive, compassionate, and resilient leadership, while enabling deep connection and sustained positive impact. We’ll also courageously explore skillful navigation of conflict and unconscious bias in the workplace as well as leverage emotional intelligence skills, mindfulness meditation practices, and insights from contemporary neuroscience to cultivate the conditions for renewed and re-imagined leadership.
As we take a holistic approach to mindful leadership, we’ll weave in time to relax and replenish by enjoying nature walks, seated and walking meditations, nightly bonfires, and mindful movement with daily Qigong classes.
Retreat Focus & Key Benefits
Power – Leading Self
- Deeper connection to self, enhanced clarity and mental focus through mindfulness training
- Brain science behind mindful & emotionally intelligent leadership
- Cultivate emotional intelligence skills (Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Empathy, Motivation, and Social Skills)
- Leading from the balcony and from the floor
- Self-Awareness, stress response and positive mindset
- Role and applications of the sympathy-empathy-compassion connection
Presence – Leading Others
- Alignment of values, motivation and a higher leadership purpose with team and organization
- Leadership presence and team performance
- Unconscious bias and compassion-based practices: Turning Discovery & Awareness Into Action & Impact
- Psychological safety for team unity, engagement and enhanced performance
- Skillful navigation of conflict & collaboration
Impact – Leading Organizations
- Enhance capacity for resilience, sustainable wellbeing & high performance
- Stewarding organizational change and transformation
- Mindful leadership practices and organizational performance
- Strategy, Systems Thinking and Culture
Unique Benefits (Included in retreat tuition)
- Individual pre- and post- 360 EI assessments with personalized reports and action guide
- Mindful leadership research study participation with customized mindful leadership profile (Note: Participation in research study is optional.)
- Executive Summary of mindful leadership research summary
- Three, 45-minute post-program EI-mindful leadership coaching sessions
- Six-month access to online support/development resources (i.e. articles, papers, meditations, videos, and more)
- One, 60-minute, post-retreat webinar
* Retreat limited to a maximum of 60 participants. Early bird pricing available for a limited time. We strive to make each retreat experience diverse and inclusive across a spectrum of leadership communities. We also offer partial scholarships to participants in need. If you, or someone you know who would like to attend, is in need of financial assistance, please complete the scholarship request form on the Lucenscia retreat registration page.
** Retreat pricing includes three night’s accommodations, snacks and delicious vegetarian and vegan meals prepared with ingredients from the Institutes own organic garden, retreat tuition and round trip shuttle to/from the Garrison, NY Metro station and the Garrison Institute.
*** Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide refunds. However, you may transfer your retreat registration at any time up to September 30, 2019.
Please register for this retreat with Lucenscia before booking your accommodations with the Garrison Institute.
Michelle Maldonado is Founder & CEO of Lucenscia, a human potential and mindful business transformation firm dedicated to developing leaders and organizations with positive impact in the world. A former attorney turned business/operations leader, she is one of a handful of the Google-inspired Search Inside Yourself (SIY) Level 2 Certified Teachers in the world and a Certified Mindfulness Teacher – Professional Level (CMT-P) with the International Mindfulness Teachers Association. She also is a Bill George True North Leadership Teaching Fellow and faculty at 1440 Multiversity, faculty member and Meta-Coach with Dan Goleman’s Emotional Intelligence Coaching Certification program and a Certified Genos International Emotional Intelligence Practitioner.
Michelle has enjoyed a contemplative practice for over 35 years and has worked with Fortune 500 companies and organizations in the U.S. and abroad, including Microsoft, Dell, Capital One, Pfizer (Canada), Fitbit and Deustche Telekom, and the Department of Defense, to integrate mindful and compassionate leadership with resilience and high performance. Michelle was named “Top Corporate Leader by HR.com’s Leadership Essentials and “Woman of The Year” by the National Association of Professional Women. As a recommended speaker in SHRM’s Speaker’s Bureau, her work has been featured across industry publications and conference venues including The Mindful Leadership Summit, Training, Leadership Excellence, Chief Learning Officer and The Huffington Post.
Quentin Finney is founder of Pause i/O, a certified B Corp especially focused on enabling sustainable high performance through emotionally intelligent leadership. He has personally committed to helping business leaders along their growth journeys as they move through times of transition and into roles of increasing responsibility. Such critical transformation begins with the deeper inner work of connecting with themselves as a way of enabling them to be agents of greater service and impact in all areas of their lives.
Quentin serves as a faculty member with Wisdom Labs, a lead mentor for startups with Boomtown Accelerator, a Search Inside Yourself certified teacher, a member of the Forbes Coaches Council, and an international Certified Mindfulness Teacher. He has worked with very diverse organizations, from Fortune 500 companies such as American Express, Expedia, Medtronic, and Google, international Government organizations including the United States Department of Defense and the Ministry of Finance in Jamaica, higher education institutions including Ohio State University and Naropa University, and numerous nonprofits.
A former U.S. Marine officer with advanced studies in Authentic Leadership, Quentin is an honors graduate of The Citadel and gives back by volunteering with Veteran’s PATH, a nonprofit focused on providing mindfulness-based transition support for veterans as they rejoin the civilian world and uncover new paths of service.