- This event has passed.
July 22, 2019—July 27, 2019
Mindful Schools Graduate Retreat
2019 Mindful Schools Graduate Retreat, which will be held July 22 – 27, 2019 at the Garrison Institute in Garrison, NY for all Mindful Teacher Graduates (Classes 2013 – 2018).
This is a unique opportunity to delve deeper into your practice, reconnect with your community and passions as a mindful teacher, and gain inspiration for the school year ahead. As is our custom, our Grad Retreat will begin with 2 days in silent practice with our teachers. Then, we will move into community building and exploration on this year’s theme: Creating a Mindful School – Charting the Journey. We’ll focus on the various ways to develop, support, and sustain whole-school mindfulness implementation in a variety of settings. Even if you are not doing whole-school mindfulness implementation, these practices will be relevant for everyone in their mindful teaching journey.
In the coming weeks, we will be requesting submissions for breakout workshops, presentations/case studies, lesson demonstrations, and displays featuring the following topics:
- Identifying what a mindful culture means to your school community
- Creating parent companion programming
- Expanding mindfulness curriculum to year-round
- Whole-school mindfulness events
- Teacher professional development support
- Supporting personal practice for other educators
- Student “peer-to-peer” mindfulness programs
- Spiraling mindfulness themes
- Creating relevance for teens
- “Whole school implementation” Case studies